Maderas Golf Club, a Johnny Miller and Robert Muir Graves masterpiece is one of the best golf courses in San Diego. Rated the #1 Golf Course in San Diego County by the 2002, 2003, and 2004 Zagat Survey, Maderas Golf Club offers beauty, challenge, and plenty of thrilling shots as it winds through the cliffs, rock outcroppings, creeks, and forests of the inland hill country of San Diego. The designers and builders have created 3 lakes, 5 waterfalls, and over 40 acres of native wildflowers seen throughout Maderas Golf Club. The natural foliage provides this San Diego golf course with twelve months of natural color and beauty.
Maderas Golf Club offer superb playing conditions, meticulous maintenance practices, and unmatched service standards. This San Diego semi-private golf course promises to be a memorable golfing experience for golfers of all skill levels. One of Southern California’s premier golf destinations, Maderas golf Club is quietly tucked away amidst the gentle rolling hills of Poway just 25 minutes from downtown San Diego. Designed by Johnny Miller and Robert Muir Graves, Maderas Golf Club offers a unique combination of golf course strategy and design mastery while taking the concept of upscale golf to exhilarating levels.
Maderas Golf Club also includes an outstanding driving range, with all-grass tees plus a state-of-the-art short game facility. The Italian-Style Villa clubhouse along with The Grille restaurant features a bar, indoor and outdoor seating, locker rooms, and an upscale golf shop. Overall, the dramatic natural rock features and sweeping elevation changes combined with superb playing conditions and unsurpassed service make Maderas Golf Club an unforgettable golf experience like no other in San Diego. If you had to play one course on your next visit to San Diego, Maderas is a must! Use our free service to book online now!
Cancellation Policy: 48 hours.
- Type of Course: Public
- Number of holes: 18
- Season: Year Round
- Pro-Shop: Opens at 6:00 am
- Year Built: 1999
- Designer(s): Johnny Miller
- Type of Greens: Bent Grass & Poa Annua
- Water Hazards: Yes
- Accept Electronic Tee Time Reservations: 60 Days In Advance
- Reservations Must Be Cancelled No Later Than 48 Hours Before Reserved Tee Time To Avoid Penalty
- Dress Code: No Denim, Collared Shirt and Bermuda Shorts
- Walking Allowed: Yes
- Features 100 Year-Old Oaks, 3 Lakes, 5 Waterfalls, & 40 Acres Of Native Wildflowers
- Outstanding Driving Range With All Grass Tees, Short Game Facility, & Putting Green
- Italian-Style Villa Clubhouse & Patio Overlooking The Golf Course Seating Up To 150 Guests
- Winds Through The Cliffs, Rock Outcroppings, Creeks, & Hillsides
- Top 100 Greatest Public Golf Courses in America, Golf Digest 2013
- Best Courses You Can Play, Golf Week 2013
- Top 100 Courses You Can Play, Golf Week 2013
- 4 and 1/2 stars, Golf Digest 2012 Services
- Caddies Available: Yes
- Club Rental: Yes
- Golf Cart Rental: Included In The Green Fees
- Pull-Cart Rental: No
- Driving Range: Yes, Hitting Balls From Grass
- Putting Green: Yes
- Chipping Area: Yes
- Practice Bunker: Yes
- Teaching Pro: Yes, Chris Mayson
- Golf School: Yes, Maderas Golf Academy
- Food Facilities: Restaurant, Snack Bar, Pavilion
- Bar: Full Bar
* Rates are subject to change without notice. Please check online booking engine for real-time rates.
Tee Time Reservations Include: (12 players or less) Green Fee, Cart Fee, & Up to 60 Day Reservations.
48 hour cancellation policy.
Take I-15 north and exit east on Rancho Bernardo Road. Go 3 miles. Turn left on
Old Coach Road. Proceed 1.5 miles to the clubhouse entrance on the left.
17750 Old Coach Road
San Diego, CA 92064
29.8 Miles from Airport